2017 - 2020
This project will connect startup ecosystems through numerous exchanges of key representatives that will strengthen the knowledge about EU, US, and India’s startup scene, build strong networks and trust between the ecosystems stakeholders, as well as to scale European startups by providing Soft-landing support in target destinations.
Main Project Activities:
1. Ecosystem Discovery Missions
- 40 3-5 day missions (20/year) to 6 destination ecosystems: Germany, France, Netherlands, Lithuania, United States, India.
- 40 feedback events (20/year) in Germany, France, Netherlands, Lithuania.
- 200 key ecosystem representatives selected and sent to missions through open calls.
2. Soft-Landing stays for selected startups and scaleups
- 96 startups (48/year) will receive soft-landing support for a 1 month stay in Germany, France, Netherlands, Lithuania, United States.
- All startups will be invited to the feedback events to present their experiences, and will also have support from the receiving hub for requests of additional introductions/ references/ guidance for 6 months following the soft-landing stay.
3. Speaker & Mentor Exchanges
- In order to strengthen the bonds between our ecosystems and also to encourage use of more foreign mentors in activities, we will involve at least 50 well known mentors and speakers in the project activities.
- Startup Division (ex-Open Coffee Club Vilnius) (LT) – Spearheads of Baltic startup ecosystem, pioneers of acceleration in the Baltic region. Operates the largest mentors fleet in the region of 200+ international mentors, has ties with 100+ regional angels and 80+ VC funds. It has brought well over 1000 startups to raising capital and scaling.
- Crosspring Lab (NL) – ICT focused incubator/accelerator with its own investment programme and has a strong track record of successfully scaling its startups. Crosspring Lab are experts of innovation and commercialisation that have helped numerous ICT startups to grow and scale.
- IMT Starter (FR) – Founded in 1999, based in the Paris metropolitan area the IMT Starter Incubator has accompanied and helped to scale 180+ IT companies that have created 1,600 jobs. It has strong ties with Silicon Valley through its immersion programme and has an Alumni network of 15,000 experienced and successful entrepreneurs and mentors.
- GTEC (DE) – First private-sector open campus for entrepreneurship in Europe. Since 2015 GTEC hosted 50+ startups from 10+ countries, worked with 4000+ founders, managers and experts from leading international corporations and institutions (such as Bosch, Postbank, Airbus, Energy Australia, Statoil, Mercedes-Benz).
- F6S (UK) – The largest social network for Startups in World, that has over 1,800,000 profiles for the Startup & SME community and more than 680,000 Startups, and supports the majority of the EU Startup and SME ecosystem through deal flow and applications.